In 2018 ASEAN Journal on Science and Technology for Development (AJSTD) publishes three (3) issues (triannual) per year.
Open Access Policy
- AJSTD provides immediate open access to its published articles, with authors retaining copyright and free to deposit their work in any repository at any time.
- Articles are published under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. In addition to being freely accessible, they may be copied, shared, or adapted for any lawful purpose in any medium, as long as appropriate credit is given to the author and AJSTD and changes are indicated.
AJSTD is published by the ASEAN Committee on Science and Technology (COST) in cooperation with the Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia. It is managed by Universitas Gadjah Mada.
The ASEAN Committee on Science and Technology was established to strengthen and enhance the capability of ASEAN in science and technology so that it can promote economic development and help achieve a high quality of life for its people. Its terms and reference are:
- To generate and promote development of scientific and technological expertise and manpower in the ASEAN region;
- To facilite and accelerate the transfer of scientific and technological development among ASEAN countries and from more advanced regions of the world to the ASEAN region;
- To provide support and assistance in the development and application of research discoveries and technological practices of endogenous origin for the common good, and in the more effective use of natural resources available in the ASEAN region and in general; and
- To provide scientific and technological support towards the implementation of existing and future ASEAN projects.
Further information about the activities of ASEAN COST can be found on its website.
The New Management: 2018–2020
Based on the decision of the ASEAN Committee on Science and Technology (COST), Sub-Committee on Science and Technology Infrastructure and Resources Development (SCIRD) Meeting in October 2016, the chairmanship of AJSTD will be handed over to Indonesia in 2018, taking over from Malaysia as the country responsible for the management of the journal.
Indonesia has shown a commitment to the ASEAN endeavor of enhancing scientific collaboration throughout South East Asia, and will act as chair until 2020, during which time it will seek to build upon Malaysia’s stewardship of AJSTD, nurturing innovation in science and technology and promoting ASEAN-wide sharing of the latest advances in technological research.
As of Volume 35, Issue 1 in 2018, all articles published in AJSTD are distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, with the author(s) retaining copyright without restrictions. AJSTD is also built on Open Journal Systems (OJS), and guarantees immediate open access of its articles to readers.